You can connect the event you created in Magnet with a webinar or meeting you have created in Zoom.
First, create a Magnet event. For instructions, see: Overview create and publish events (opens in new tab)
Step 1: On Zoom’s Developer Platform, create an App.
Step 2: On Zoom, create one or more webinars or meetings.
Step 3: On Magnet, connect your event to the Zoom webinar or meeting.
These instructions address Step 3: On Magnet, connect your event to the Zoom webinar or meeting:
You can connect your Magnet event with zoom on the Event Settings > Where and When tab.
Note: Any settings not mentioned here can be left as is, or changed as per your preferences.
1. From the top menu, click on Events > My events. You will see your list of events.
2. From the three tabs, click on the Drafts tab.
3. From the My events list, click on the Name of the event you would like to update.
4. On the top-right corner of the My events bar, click the Event Settings cog icon. The Event Settings window will open.
5. From the left-hand menu, click on the Where and When tab.
6. In the Event Type section, from the dropdown, choose either Zoom webinar or Zoom meeting, depending on what you created on Zoom in Step 2. The Zoom JWT Token section will appear.
Note: This section assumes that you have already completed Step 1: On Zoom’s Developer Platform, create an App. If you just completed Step 1, you may still have your Zoom App Credentials open in another browser tab; in that case, skip down to instruction 11 below.
7. Open a new browser tab and go to the Zoom website. Sign In to your Zoom account.
8. After you have signed in, go to: https://marketplace.zoom.us/
Alternatively, you may navigate from the Zoom homepage:
a) From the top-right menu, click on My Account.
b) From the menu down the left-hand side, scroll down to the Admin section and click on Advanced. A sub-menu will appear.
c) Click on App Marketplace. The App Marketplace will open in a new browser tab.
9. On the App Marketplace page, in the top-right corner, click Manage.
10. From the list of Created apps, click on the name or symbol of the JWT app you created and activated in Step 1: On Zoom’s Developer Platform, create an App.
11. From the left-hand menu, click App Credentials.
12. On the App Credentials page, click on View JWT Token. The Expiration Time section will appear.
13. Important: Beside Expire in, you must set a time after the event end date of the Zoom meeting or webinar that you created and published in Step 2: On Zoom, create one or more webinars or meetings.
14. To enter a time other than the default options, click Other and enter your preferred time and date into the field in the format hh mm MM/DD/YYYY.
15. Now copy the generated token string: In the JWT Token section, inside the grey box with the token string, click on Copy. You have now copied the token string to your computer’s clipboard.
16. In the Zoom JWT Token section, place your cursor in the field and paste in your token string.
17. Then, click on the Fetch Webinars button. Your list of published Zoom webinars or meetings will appear.
18. From the list, click the checkbox to select the webinars or meetings that you want to connect with this Magnet event. If you choose several, they will become selectable occurrences for your event.
19. In the Location section, if desired, adjust the location label. Or, you may leave this field blank.
20. When you have completed adding the Zoom details, click the Save button at the bottom.
Nicely done—you’ve completed all three steps to integrating Magnet with Zoom! When participants register for or buy a ticket to your published Magnet event, they will automatically be registered for the connected Zoom webinar or meeting; their booking confirmation will include their Zoom link, meeting ID and passcode to enable them to join on Zoom.